The needs of the medical profession have changed. Doctors have asked us for convenient, time-saving ways to keep up-to-date. doctorportal provides relevant information and resources for medical professionals, all in one centralised location. doctorportal delivers current, clinical and medico-political news, from a number of local and global journal and health news sources.
doctorportal is integrated with the Medical Directory of Australia providing a secure authentication system that only registered medical professionals have permission to view. Once logged in doctors can access the following information:
- Find a Doctor – a FREE national doctor search service to find colleagues for referrals. You can update your information by contacting us here
- doctorportal learning – your complete CPD and points tracking platform for all speciality colleges in Australia. Complete online learning modules and upload your learning evidence for automatic tracking for your chosen college(s)
- Bookshop – purchase your medical text books online
- Jobs & Careers information – latest jobs available
- Events – find an event you’re interested in and earn CPD points
- Resources – links to key medical resources
- GP Desktop – AMA managed list of key tools and resources available to all doctors
We are keen to keep upgrading the service we offer and welcome contributions. If you have found useful resources and links you would like to share with the community please contact us.
doctorportal is owned and operated by the AMA and the Australasian Medical Publishing Company (AMPCo), publisher of the Medical Journal of Australia and MJA InSight. AMPCo is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the AMA (publisher of Australian Medicine).