Second edition due late June!
Confidently handle return to work and work ability issues
Risk, capacity and tolerance. Once understood, these three return to work-related issues can help guide physicians through work ability and work cases for numerous diagnoses and body systems. Structured with these themes in mind, this easy-to-read publication includes the latest medical literature reviewed by experts and step-by-step guidance to help negotiate return to work cases.
Practical features and second edition updates include four new chapters:
Updated approaches and references from more than 20 new contributors
• Implications of unemployment, medication, work aspects and driving
• Forms that can be used to communicate return to work guidelines
• Disclaimers to use when writing return to work guidelines
• Tips on negotiating with patients
• Current science on functional capacity evaluations
• Chapters organized by body system, making it easy to use as a reference text for a particular system or diagnosis
• Tables containing recommended disability durations by diagnosis
• The Cardiopulmonary chapter has been divided into separate cardiac and pulmonary chapters