Discounts apply for volume sales of more than 10 copies, Please phone AMPCo book sales on +612 9562 6666 for a quote for discount price and postage, or email email@example.com.
This practical guide to performing a caesarean section is addressed to doctors learning how to do the surgery or performing the operation only infrequently.
This work is an invaluable aid to the registrar who may be faced with an out-of-hours emergency or to the general practitioner-obstetrician working in an isolated situation.
- Indications for caesarean section
- Patient information and informed consent
- Anaesthesia, regional or general
- Step-by-step basic operative technique
- Intra-operative problems (eg, difficult presentations, haemorrhage, uterine atony) and how to manage them
- Classical and low vertical caesarean section
- Postoperative management and common problems
The authors are from Cairns Base Hospital and the James Cook University School of Medicine. Their clinical practice ranges from the city to remote rural areas of Far North Queensland, Australia. The practical advice presented here represents the distillation of extensive experience performing caesarean sections in a wide range of patients and circumstances, and is supported by reference to international evidence of best practice