A practical primer to help you recognise abnormal function and effectively treat orthopaedic problems that respond to non-surgical intervention.
Outlining a systematic approach to orthopaedic management, the text discusses the musculoskeletal impairments that practitioners will encounter in their daily work.
• Thirteen chapters discussing every aspect of the musculoskeletal system, including all joints and the spine.
• Clear text and precise illustrations outlining specific musculoskeletal problems.
• Special chapters devoted to pain and reflex sympathetic dystrophy, areas often neglected in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal impairments.
• More than 90 visual aids to help you recognise abnormal function, enhance visual and manual examinations, and convey complex information to your patients, and appropriate history and physical examination techniques supplemented with radiological diagnostic procedures.
Table of Contents
About the Author
Quick Reference Disorders Index (Includes ICD-9-CM Codes)
- 1 Components of the Musculoskeletal System
- 10 Somatic Pain Syndromes
- 11 Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome)