A companion to Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, Fifth Edition.
This text provides instruction on a standardized method for measuring range of motion (ROM). The Guides Fifth assumes the user is experienced in measuring range of motion.
• Basic to proficient guidance that will enable physicians, physical therapists and other evaluators to obtain accurate ROM measurements using standardized guidelines, reference tables and reporting protocols
• A consistent approach that promises to produce greater intra- and inter-evaluator reliability
• Information on identifying anatomic landmarks
• Instruction on properly positioning or stabilizing the body
• Methods for using a consistent technique to apply measurements to a joint