- Vitamin D deficiency at birth linked to schizophrenia
- Aussie team in poo breakthrough
- Better off not knowing? The self-fulfilling risks of genetic testing
- New hope for treating high-blood pressure
- ADHD prescriptions are going up, but that doesn’t mean we’re over-medicating
- Which OTC painkiller in a post-codeine world?
- Vic-led study to investigate cancer return
- New GP guide for prescribing benzodiazepines to help prevent ‘doctor shopping’
Attention doctorportal newsletter subscribers,
After December 2018, we will be moving elements from the doctorportal newsletter to MJA InSight newsletter and rebranding it to Insight+. If you’d like to continue to receive a newsletter covering the latest on research and perspectives in the medical industry, please subscribe to the Insight+ newsletter here.
As of January 2019, we will no longer be sending out the doctorportal email newsletter. The final issue of this newsletter will be distributed on 13 December 2018. Articles from this issue will be available to view online until 31 December 2018.
Professor John McMillan AO appointed to review and report on the operation of the Narcotic Drugs Act 1967
This legal action follows an investigation by the Therapeutic Goods Administration
Proposed Amendments to the Poisons Standard are now available for public comment. Closing date: 21 January 2019
TGO 100 has been registered on the Federal Register of Legislation. It commences on 8 December 2018, repealing and replacing TGO 98
The TGA will have limited operations from Monday 24 December 2018 until Wednesday 2 January 2018
Delegate only final scheduling decisions on NCEs and Appendix H are now available
THAN YOU tablets pose a serious risk to your health and should not be taken.
An overview of mandatory medicine shortages reporting obligations for sponsors to be implemented on 1 January 2019
Updated information on the regulation of Software as a Medical Device
New release of results published