Essential GP tools at the click of a button
The AMA Council of General Practice has developed a resource that brings together in one place all the forms, guidelines, practice tools, information and resources used by general practitioners in their daily work.
The GP Desktop Practice Support Toolkit, which is free to members, has links to around 300 commonly used administrative and diagnostic tools, saving GPs time spent fishing around trying to locate them.
The Toolkit is divided into five categories, presented as easy to use tabs, including:
· online practice tools that can be accessed and/or completed online;
· checklists and questionnaires in PDF format, available for printing;
· commonly used forms in printable PDF format;
· clinical and administrative guidelines; and
· information and other resources.
In addition, there is a State/Territory tab, with information and forms specific to each jurisdiction, such as WorkCover and S8 prescribing.
The information and links in the Toolkit will be regularly updated, and its scope will be expanded as new information and resources become available.
Members are invited to suggest additional information, tools and resources to be added to the Toolkit. Please send suggestions, including any links, to firstname.lastname@example.org