- Tensions reach boiling point over codeine changes
- We all have to die of something, so why bother being healthy?
- Male neurosurgeons highest ATO earners, GPs in top 50
- What are we training medical students for?
- Hypertension linked to valve disorder
- Victoria’s assisted dying legislation: how it would work
- Australia deepens its ties to World Health Organisation
- New GP guide for prescribing benzodiazepines to help prevent ‘doctor shopping’
Managing cancer patients in general practice – Sydney
Improvements in cancer detection, treatment and an ageing population mean that there are increasing numbers of people living with and beyond cancer… General practice has an important role in the holistic care of cancer survivors and could take on an expanded role in cancer follow-up.
Fever and neutropenia is a common complication of the treatment of cancer. The risk of serious bacterial infection is related to the degree and duration of neutropenia. Bacteraemia is diagnosed in up to one-third of children with febrile neutropenia.
Communication between clinicians and patients is a multidimensional concept and involves the content of dialogue, the affective component (i.e., what happens emotionally to the physician and patient during the encounter), and nonverbal behaviours. In oncology, communication skills are a key to achieving the important goals of the clinical encounter.
Join us for an active learning module which will address challenging issues in diagnosis and management in the general clinical setting. This module is accredited for RACGP QI&CPD 40 Category 1 points and 30 ACRRM PDP points. Other colleges are able to self-report the 6 hours of structured learning with the Certificate of Attendance issued after the Seminar.
WHEN: Saturday 25 February from 9am – 5pm
WHERE: Sydney – Amora Hotel Jamison
PROGRAM: CLICK HERE to download the latest program.
COST: Registration cannot be completed successfully without full payment. An incomplete registration without full payment authorisation does not constitute a registration and will be rejected by doctorportal.
|AMA Members – flat rate||$316|
(register after 28 October 2016)
To REGISTER for this event, follow the registration process below: