- Tensions reach boiling point over codeine changes
- We all have to die of something, so why bother being healthy?
- Male neurosurgeons highest ATO earners, GPs in top 50
- What are we training medical students for?
- Victoria’s assisted dying legislation: how it would work
- The cancer stories no one wants to hear
- Hypertension linked to valve disorder
- Mum’s asthma, allergies linked to autism
Joint, bone and soft tissue challenges – Melbourne
The diagnosis and treatment of arthritis and other musculoskeletal conditions and autoimmune diseases still pose challenges in general practice.
This MJA CPD clinical meeting will address the major challenges and new treatment guidelines to the management of these conditions in general practice.
Rheumatologists see patients with a great spectrum of conditions like Arthritis and other musculoskeletal illnesses affecting joints, bones, muscles, tendons and ligaments. GPs remain to be the first contact point for patients, initiating investigations, tests, referrals and ongoing management.
Many of the treatments will have an effect on the rest of the body i.e. eyes, skin, internal organs and nervous system which highlights the need to understand the implications of current treatments.
Join the MJA for this active learning day with experts in the filed presenting on some of the more challenging areas in Rheumatology:
- Pain that affects pelvic girdle and lower back
- Generalised pain- Fibromyalgia
- Treatment of autoimmune diseases such as Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Biologic therapies – everything a GP needs to know
- An evidence-based approach to investigations and imaging in rheumatology
- Treatment controversies – Surgical or manual interventions i.e. arthroscopy; spinal fusion and physical therapies
This module is accredited for RACGP QI&CPD 40 Category 1 points and 30 ACRRM PDP points. Other colleges are able to self-report the 6 hours of structured learning with the Certificate of Attendance issued after the Seminar.
WHEN: Saturday 8 April from 9am – 5pm
WHERE: Melbourne – Hilton South Wharf
PROGRAM: CLICK HERE to download the latest program.
COST: Registration cannot be completed successfully without full payment. An incomplete registration without full payment authorisation does not constitute a registration and will be rejected by doctorportal.
|AMA Members – flat rate||$316|
|Super Early Bird Registration
(register before 3 March 2017)
|Early Bird Registration
(register before 17 March 2017)
(register after 17 March 2017)
To REGISTER for this event, follow the registration process below: