Invitation for nominations for election to Federal Council as Special Interest Group Nominees
The Articles of Association of the AMA provide for the election, every two years, to the Federal Council of one Ordinary Member as a Nominee of each of the following Special Interest Groups:
1. Salaried Doctors
2. Doctors in Training
The term of Councillors expires at the end of the AMA National Conference in May 2014.
Nominations are now invited for election as the Nominee for each of the Special Interest Groups listed above.
- Nominees elected to these positions shall hold office until the conclusion of the May 2016 AMA National Conference.
- The nominee must be an Ordinary Member of the AMA and a member of the relevant Special Interest Group for which the nomination is made.
- The nomination must include the name and address of the nominee and the date of nomination. It may also include details of academic qualifications, the nominee’s career and details of membership of other relevant organisations.
- Each nomination must be signed by the Ordinary Member nominated AND must be signed by two other Ordinary Members of the AMA Special Interest Group for which the nomination is made.
- Nominations should be addressed to the Secretary General (marked “Private and Confidential”) and to be valid must be received at AMA House, 42 Macquarie Street, Barton, ACT 2600 no later than 1.00pm (AEDT) Friday 7 March 2014.
- A nomination may be accompanied by a statement by the nominee of not more than 250 words. Such statement will be circulated with the ballot paper if it is approved by the Federal Council.
For a copy of a nomination form or any general enquiries, please contact Nadene Sharpe, Office of the Secretary General and Executive (tel: 02 6270 5460 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
30 January 2014