Learning – CPD Tracker User Terms
Australian Medical Association
doctorportal Learning – online CPD Tracker
- Acceptance of terms
- Your use of the CPD Tracker constitutes acceptance of these Terms and forms a legally binding agreement between you and the AMA.
- These Terms are governed by, and are to be construed in accordance with, the laws of the Australian Capital Territory and you agree to submit to the non‑exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that jurisdiction.
- Use of the CPD Tracker
- The CPD Service has been designed to assist you as a medical professional to easily record, track and report your CPD activities. You are able to record any education you have completed from any education provider. You are also able to print a report outlining your CPD.
- The AMA expressly advises that the CPD Tracker does not validate any or all CPD hours accrued. The AMA provides the CPD Tracker as a record management service only. You are solely responsible for the validation of your CPD hours and to ensure that such CPD hours are valid under the medical college you are registered with.
- You are encouraged to make regular and complete back-ups of your CPD information to protect against unexpected data loss. You are recommended to print a hard copy of your CPD information from time to time to protect against loss. Do not use the CPD Tracker as the sole repository of your CPD information.
- You may not copy, duplicate, distribute, disseminate or reverse engineer any software relating to the CPD Tracker or use any portion of such software to provide a competing service.
- Personal information
- While using the CPD Tracker, you may be required to provide personal information from time to time including your name, address, phone number, email, payment details, postal address and professional information (‘Your Personal Information‘). It is a condition of your use of the CPD Tracker that your Personal Information:
- is not fraudulent;
- does not infringe on the rights of any third party;
- does not violate any law including a criminal offence;
- is not defamatory, libellous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
- is not harmful, threatening, abusive, hateful, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent; and
- does not contain any computer viruses or other harmful component.
- You agree to grant the AMA a perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, royalty free, non-exclusive licence (including the right to novate or assign the licence, and to sublicence) to use the copyright (but no other rights) that you have in Your Personal Information.
- Intellectual property
- All material made available on or through the CPD Tracker (for example, including text, images, graphics, videos, audio clips and other copyright materials, trademarks, designs and any other intellectual property rights) are proprietary to the AMA or third party providers.
- In making use of the CPD Tracker, you have a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited personal right to access and enjoy the material subject to these Terms. However, no other right, title, or interest in the material is granted or transferred to you as a result of any use of the CPD Tracker.
- Third party providers
- The CPD Tracker contains links to websites operated by third party providers. The AMA intends that all third party services and materials will be of a high professional standard and are provided by reputable organisations and individuals. Although the AMA makes reasonable efforts to display accurate content and information, you acknowledge and agree that the AMA is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect of such third party services and materials or related third party websites accessed by you through the CPD Tracker and that such access is solely at your own risk.
- The AMA does not warrant or have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any third party services and materials or third party websites or for any other materials, products, or services of third party providers.
- No warranty
- The CPD Tracker is provided “as is” and “as available” and the AMA does not warrant against interference with your enjoyment of the CPD Tracker, that the functions contained in, or services performed or provided by the CPD Tracker will meet your requirements, that access to the CPD Tracker will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects in the CPD Tracker will be corrected. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the AMA does not make any warranties, express or implied, concerning the CPD Tracker, including any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- Limitation of liability
- To the extent not prohibited by law, the AMA is not liable to you for any liabilities, expenses, losses, damages and costs, whether arising directly or indirectly, out of or in connection with the use or inability to access the CPD Tracker.
- Entire agreement
- The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and the AMA for use of the CPD Tracker.