What is doctorportal Learning?
doctorportal Learning is a state-of-the-art, mobile friendly, CPD learning management system specifically designed for Australian doctors. Developed with the busy doctor in mind, doctorportal Learning provides a one-stop-shop for registering, completing and managing your professional learning that meets all of your CPD reporting requirements.
What can doctorportal Learning do?
Your doctorportal Learning account enables you to:
- Create your personal Learning Profile by linking your college(s) and scope of practice·understand your CPD requirements for the Medical Board of Australia (MBA) or up to 16 different specialists colleges, depending on your practice.
- Access a range of learning opportunities that support your learning needs and professional interests.
- Access anytime, anywhere your enrolled self-paced online learning, remembering where you left off last time, so you don’t have to start all over again.
- Automatically update any completed doctorportal Learning CPD to your CPD activity record.
- Track in one place the progress of your CPD activities against college requirements.
- Upload and track your external learning·download and print your CPD summary to meet your CPD reporting obligations.
How will doctorportal Learning manage my CPD?
Every Australian medical practitioner is individually responsible for undertaking and managing their own continuing professional development. By signing up, you agree that doctorportal Learning is intended to be used for support and guidance, but is not responsible for your CPD or CPD obligations.
Find out more about your CPD obligation as a medical practitioner here
How do I register for doctorportal Learning?
If you are an AMA member, registration is FREE. Simply click Sign Up and enter your details, including your AHPRA number. The next time you want to log on to doctorportal Learning, just click Log In.
If you are not an AMA member, but would like to trial doctorportal Learning free for 60 days, click Sign Up and enter your details, including your AHPRA number. You will be emailed your login and temporary password. At the end of your free trial period you can elect to sign up to doctorportal Learning by paying a monthly subscription of $20 per month (ex GST). This will give you access to your CPD Tracker.
If, after your trial expires, you don’t want to sign up for CPD tracking, you can still access the Learning Catalogue and learning modules, but you will no longer have access to your CPD reports, tracking and stored evidence of learning such as certificates.
I’m an AMA member and registered for doctorportal Learning, but my account says that I’m on a free trial that I know will expire in two months time. How do I rectify this?
doctorportal Learning is free to AMA members. If you have entered your membership number into your account details and your account is still showing as a trial account, you will need to email the doctorportal Learning team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. We will verify your membership status with your state office, then update your account accordingly.
What do I need to do when I log on to doctorportal Learning for the first time?
You need to complete your Learning Profile first. doctorportal Learning needs to know what types of CPD you require for your ongoing registration. By completing your Learning Profile you can then get on with the job of engaging in, or uploading CPD accredited learning. Once you have completed your profile, which you can update any time, it will appear on your CPD Tracker Home page whenever you log on.
Please note that you need to sign up for doctorportal before you can access doctorportal Learning.
What will I get if I decide to sign up to doctorportal Learning?
By signing up to doctorportal Learning, you will be able to:
- Access a FREE 60 day trial to doctorportal Learning including CPD tracking, reporting and online medical education (Full annual access available FREE to AMA members)
- Read global and local medical news.
- Use the Find a doctor database service.
- Access the Information Resources and GP Desktop tools.
- View medical jobs listings.
- Purchase medical books online.
When completing my Learning Profile, what do I put down for the rest of the fields?
The remaining fields in your Learning Profile are not mandatory. However, where your college requires a report with your membership number, it can be useful to put this information into your Learning Profile to assist your college to process your CPD record. Where a college has a multi-year cycle based on a membership date, it can also be useful to add this information. Please note, both fields are optional.
I’ve completed my Learning Profile, but it won’t let me log any activities. What can I do?
When completing your learning profile you must first select a college from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen, and click ‘Add College’. Then, before leaving the page, scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘Save’. This will ensure that you are able to see your selected college on the CPD homepage.
I’ve accidentally deleted my doctorportal Learning profile. What should I do?
Don’t worry, we have stored back-ups of your data. Please contact our doctorportal Learning team by emailing email@example.com
How do I set up my profile to reflect the RACGP QI points program?
- Sign in at https://www.doctorportal.com.au/
- Go to the My Learning Profile menu option under CPD Tracker: https://learning.doctorportal.com.au/profile
- Choose RACGP, and any other medical colleges you need to track points against, from the Select College drop-down menu.
- Click Add College on the right-hand side (it doesn’t work if you miss this step).
- Add in your college QI Program ID number.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page (next to ‘Professional Details’)
These steps ensure that the system will track points according to your individual requirements.
You should now be able to see both the RACGP and MBA widgets added to the CPD Home. There is a useful Start Tour feature in the top right-hand corner of the screen that shows you the features of the site.
To consume online content, please browse the online Learning Catalogue. Completed content will be automatically added to your profile. Simply click on a piece of content to get started.
To create reports that collate your recorded learning and evidence, for your records, or to provide to AHPRA, please choose My CPD Reports from the menu. Click on View Report next to the report you wish to access, then simply click Print (your report and evidence will be automatically collated), or click on Download Report (your evidence and report will be stored on your computer to a zip drive for your convenience).
To upload evidence from external learning – such as a certificate of attendance at an event – choose Upload Activity from the menu and complete the fields indicated as mandatory. The system will ask you to choose a file for upload, and once uploaded, this will be collated into your report.
I accidentally listed the wrong colleges on my learning profile. How can I correct my college(s) ?
You can edit your colleges at any time.
To remove incorrectly selected colleges, follow these steps:
- Go to the My Learning Profile page.
- Next to the college you wish to remove select the Delete option.
- A pop up will ask you to Confirm, select this option.
Your incorrectly added college has now been removed.
Does doctorportal Learning offer a range of accredited learning modules that I can register for?
Yes. Most face-to-face and online learning modules are RACGP accredited. Once completed, they will automatically update in your CPD Tracker and appear in your CPD report. Modules support a range of doctors including those working in general practice, specialities, DiTs and medical students, and are continually growing.
Where can I view the range of modules offered by doctorportal Learning?
Visit the Learning Catalogue on the top menu bar to browse for and register to an activity. Remember, the self-paced online learning modules can be completed anywhere, anytime.
Can I save learning modules that I want to complete from the Learning Catalogue for later?
Yes. doctorportal Learning allows you to enrol in a learning module and save it for later. You can check your ‘Reading List’ or ‘To Do’ list under Enrolled Activities in the menu bar.
Can I earn CPD points by completing doctorportal Learning modules?
Yes. In fact, a number of CPD accredited learning modules are available for free. Please visit the Learning Catalogue in the menu bar.
Can the doctorportal Learning CPD Tracker manage the tracking of CPD against all Australian medical colleges?
doctorportal Learning can track CPD against most medical colleges in Australia, including:
- Australasian College for Emergency Medicine
- Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
- Australian College of Dermatologists
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine
- College of Intensive Care Medicine Australia and New Zealand
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
- Royal Australasian and New Zealand College of Radiologists
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia
You can view the list of available colleges under ‘Learning Profile’ once you have logged on to your portal.
I’ve registered for doctorportal, but I can’t open the CPD Tracker. What am I doing wrong?
doctorportal is a secure and authenticated system that verifies that all users are registered medical practitioners. Your account is checked against the Medical Directory of Australia (MDA) to ensure your details are correct before you are issued access. Most of the time registration is automatic. However, if you have registered, but are not able to log in, it could be that there is a discrepancy between the details you provided during registration and the details held on the MDA. If this is thecase, please contact the doctorportal Learning team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and request that they investigate where your registration is up to.
Can I upload a record of external CPD activities that I have completed?
Yes. You can add activities on the ‘Upload Activity’ page using the top menu bar or you can navigate to on ‘Log Another Activity’ on https://learning.doctorportal.com.au/home
If you log in a https://learning.doctorportal.com.au/home and enter the CPD Tracker you will be on the CPD Tracker homepage, where you should see details for your college. Included in these details are the time remaining in the CPD cycle for your college, the number of points you need to achieve, and any mandatory activities.
If you would like to see the specific categories you can register points against, please click ‘View Category Options’. This lists the range of categories available, and where your logged activities fit into those categories.
I’m trying to upload some evidence to my activity record, but it’s not appearing. What should I do?
doctorportal Learning can only upload PDF documents and JPG image files. As the system is able to generate full CPD reports for you, modifiable documents including Microsoft Word or TXT files are unable to be uploaded as evidence. There are a number of freeware programs that will allow you to convert documents into PDF prior to uploading them into doctorportal Learning.
Can I upload learning activities from my smart phone or tablet?
Yes, you can. Please follow these easy steps.
- Log in to doctoportal.com.au using the web browsers on your smart phone.
- When you log in you will be taken to the main doctorportal web page displayed in a mobile compatible layout.
- Select the menu button to open the mobile compatible menu layout for doctorportal. Please select the Learning option from the menu. You may need to scroll down to find it.
- You should now be able to see your CPD Tracker dashboard, similarly to this page showing the MBA CPD requirements. Select the menu button again to display the menu options for the CPD Tracker.
- Select Upload Activity from the CPD Tracker menu to be taken to the complete list of your uploaded activities.
- Follow the +Upload Activity prompt at the top of the screen to be taken to the CPD Activity Upload Form.
- Complete the CPD Activity Upload Form just as you would if you were using your computer. Please remember to fill in as many details as you can to avoid any error messages preventing your activity from uploading the first time.
- You’re done! Check your entry or add another. If you have any difficulty with the tracker you can always contact the doctorportal Learning team at email@example.com
I am not yet vocationally registered, or training in a specialty. Can I use the doctorportal Learning CPD Tracker?
Absolutely. It’s perfect for your CPD tracking needs and will provide you with any free or paid learning modules to ensure you meet your MBA reporting obligations.
Is there another tracker I can use if not vocationally registered?
We are not aware of one.
Is the Medical Board of Australia (MBA) report in the right format for an audit? Can I use this report if I’m audited by AHPRA?
Yes. The MBA and AHPRA have reviewed the report template and provided input, so be assured that the report produced by the CPD Tracker is in the correct format, and can be used for auditing purposes.
Does doctorportal Learning automatically report to AHPRA or my medical college?
No. The CPD Tracker does not automatically send CPD reports on your behalf. However, you can download or print your CPD report to send to them when you are ready.
The CPD Tracker gives you two options. You can print or download the contents of your CPD record as a single PDF file, or as a zip file containing the complete summary of your CPD and all associated evidence.
This record is produced in a format that meets the Medical Board of Australia requirements shouldyou be asked by AHPRA to submit a complete record of your CPD activity. Please click ‘CPD Reports’ in the menu bar.
I want my college to use this tracker. Who can I talk to?
Please forward all college enquiries to Annabel Reid by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Does doctorportal Learning print a ‘Certificate of Compliance’ for the ANZCA?
The doctorportal CPD tracker will print a summary report detailing your complete CPD record listed against the ANZCA CPD requirements, which you can submit to ANZCA if you would like a Certificate of Compliance, or directly to the Medical Board of Australia (MBA). The report can either be printed with all evidence attached, or it can be downloaded into a zip file that will contain all individual files including the summary report for your activities.
ANZCA is the only body that can issue a Certificate of Compliance accepted by the college. To access the reporting functions, please select ‘My CPD Reports’ from the CPD tracker main menu, then ‘View Reports’. Your print or download options are available at the bottom of your summary report page.
Have another question?
Contact the doctorportal Learning team by emailing email@example.com for assistance.