New Oxford title designed to provide ready aid to the effective diagnosis and treatment of emergencies in the critical care situation.
The book is split into two halves: the first about emergencies within specific systems; the second concentrates on various conditions or groups of patients.
• Assessment / Stabilisation
• Metabolic and Endocrine
• Gastro-intestinal and hepatic
• Surgical patients
• Trauma and burns
• Obstetric critical care
• Poisoning and Overdose
• Miscellaneous Conditions
• Transfers, retrievals, and major incidents
• Organ Donation and coroner referrals
• Common emergency procedures
• Reference values
• Useful Information