Fast Facts: Contraception
One of the major roles of anyone working in sexual health is that of educator, and many people rely on well-informed healthcare professionals to help them choose the most appropriate method of contraception.
This completely revised third edition of Fast Facts: Contraception, by two new authors of international renown, provides a concise and practical review of all the available contraceptive methods on the market in a highly readable well-illustrated format. Highlights of this comprehensive handbook include:
- A commonsense approach to the contraception consultation
- Fully updated information on recently licensed products
- Discussion of the risks, benefits and contraindications for all contraceptive methods.
Fast Facts: Contraception is an invaluable resource that will help healthcare professionals and specialists offer a broader range of contraceptive methods along with appropriate advice on the most suitable options.
- Choosing a contraceptive method
- Combined hormonal contraception
- Progestogen-only methods
- Intrauterine devices and systems
- Barrier methods
- Emergency contraception
- Female sterilization
- Vasectomy and hormonal methods for men
- Biologically based methods
- Postpartum contraception