Fast Facts: Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic tumors that have a low incidence are seen infrequently by the non-specialist, but nevertheless require prompt recognition and management to minimize their potentially devastating effects.
Fast Facts: Gynecologic Oncology has been written by three eminent specialists to provide the family physician and the non-specialist with a concise guide to these tumors to aid recognition, selection of management strategy and likely prognosis.
- Covers each tumor type concisely in terms of epidemiology, pathology, diagnosis, management options and prognosis
- Clear, simple diagrams support key clinical information
- Includes a succinct review of future developments in the areas of screening programs and chemotherapeutic regimens
- Cervical cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Vulval cancer
- Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia
- Pain management and palliation
- Future trends