Fast Facts: Hyperlipidemia provides a crisp and accurate summary of lipid disorders using clear language and illustrations. Directed at a broad range of healthcare professionals, from primary care physicians to specialists, this updated fifth edition addresses the importance of considering lipoprotein particles, not just their lipids.
The authors, renowned experts from the UK and USA, interpret clinical trial evidence in the context of pathogenesis and provide practical solutions to the routine problems encountered in the clinical management of hyperlipidemias.
- Lipids and lipoproteins – structure and physiology
- Epidemiology and pathophysiology
- Familial (monogenic) hypercholesterolemia
- Polygenic hypercholesterolemia and combined hyperlipidemia
- Familial dysbetalipoproteinemia
- Dyslipidemia in insulin resistance, the metabolic syndrome and diabetes mellitus
- Secondary hyperlipidemia
- Dietary treatment
- Drug treatment
- When to treat
- Biochemical tests