Hodgkin lymphoma and the many different subtypes of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) have different responses to treatment, so accurate diagnosis and a rational approach to management are essential.
Fast Facts: Lymphoma distills the most important aspects of the diagnosis and management of these complex disorders into a highly accessible well-illustrated summary of the key facts.
This fully updated second edition provides:
* a clear outline of the nature of lymphoma
* the essentials of clinical presentation, biopsy and basic histology
* the latest laboratory diagnostics, including immunophenotyping, cytogenetics and microarray technology
* key aspects of staging and initial therapy
* superbly illustrated overviews of the pathology, presentation, treatment and prognosis of each lymphoma subtype
* new treatment options, including targeted biological therapies
* a practical overview of supportive care for the complications of lymphoma.
Written by three experts in the field from the UK and USA, Fast Facts: Lymphoma applies an international perspective to this challenging disease in a unique format within the context of clinical practice. It is a valuable resource for trainee doctors and specialist nurses working in the field of hemato-oncology. It will also be of interest to the inquiring patient or carer who wishes to know more about lymphoma